Kings County Academy (KCA) was originally built on Academy Hill in 1870. This first school consisted of four department buildings with both the high school and the common school being housed there. KCA was the third school to be built in Kentville. In 1883, the school was destroyed by a fire but was then rebuilt. Kings County Academy has always held a high academic standard; it at one point achieved "Scholastic Honors" for Nova Scotia having the leading students in Grades 10-12 after the results of all the provincial exams were returned. In 1929 a new era was beginning for KCA with a new senior high school in the works which would open in 1930. In 1933 another fire destroyed the original school and later that same year the plans for a new junior high school were made which would open in 1934. Eventually in 2011 a new, more modern facility for KCA was in the works, officially opening in 2012. Upon moving to this new facility the items in this collection, which represent the history and legacy of Kings County Academy, were donated to the Kings County Museum!