Accession number: 97.33.2
Date: 1690 – 1775
Narrative: This sherd was found on Town Point property c. 1980. In 1784 Irish Loyalist soldiers under the leadership of Capt Timothy Hierlihy arrived at this site and took up grants of land along Antigonish Harbour. This sherd is typical of artifacts found in archaeology sites in Nova Scotia during early years of European settlement. The sherd is probably European made and most likely made in England. This sherd is probably from a large vessel or container.
Description: Irregular diamond shaped; salt glazed, coarse pottery sherd; concave brown interior surface; exterior surface grey/tan