Accession number: 2004.08.79
Date: 1900 – 1940
Materials: Wood, steel
Description: A whiffletree (whippletree, doubletree) of wood with steel fittings, some hand-forged. This artifact is round/cylindrical in length and width. An "O" shaped round steel ring bracket is fitted by two links to the plate and then through the height of the artifact. The whiffletree height is wider at the centre and tapers to each end. Each end is fitted with a ring and larger rings are between .
History of Use: Used on the Morash farm. Originally the Morash Dairy and later the Woodlawn Dairy. This whiffletree may have been used in the dairy operation.