Accession number: 2003.33.84
Date: 1900 – 1940
Materials: Wood, steel
Measurements: 98.7 cm L
Description: A whiffletree (whippletree, swingletree, singletree) of wood with steel fittings, some hand-forged. This artifact is rectangular in length and width. A "U" shaped bracket is fitted to the centre and has a hook for attaching to the wagon. The whiffletree height is wider at the centre and tapers to each end. Each end has an eye bolt fitted through the height with a larger ring for attaching the traces. There is also a small bolt fitted at each end perpendicular to each eyebolt.
History of Use: The Morash family founded Woodlawn Dairy. This artifact may have been used in the dairy operation as well as generally around the farm.