Accession number: 2015.166.1
Date: 1942 – 1945
Measurements: 2.2 cm H x 17.6 cm Diameter
Description: A heavy, circular metal casting plaque of the HMCS Truro, with moulded rope around the edge. Three maple leaves and an empty space for information on the front.
History of Use: HMCS Truro - minesweeper christened by deputy mayor Dave Wilson's wife at Davie Shipyards on 27 August 1942. 1945 sold to RCMP, new name Herchmer Mariner Powell River. 1947, new name Gulf Mariner BC, coast of Vancouver weekly. Converted suction dredge on Fraser River. Broken up in 1964.
Dave Wilson brought it in years ago, and Gladys had kept ahold of it. Gladys believes it should be part of our collection.