Image use must be for education or personal purposes only.
The contributing institution must be credited.
LeNoir Forge Museum


Accession number: 6-15
Date: 1847
Materials: Wood/ Metal
Measurements: 17.07 cm L x 74.93 cm W
Narrative: Prison door comes from a cell which was in the basement of the Arichat Court house built in 1847.
Description: Riddled with nails to hold the crossways. There planks in the back and bolts are put to hold the crossbars in place. There is a bell shaped piece of metal at the center of the top of the door.
History of Use: Entry to a jail cell. The region resembling a bell was used to pass food to the prisoners.

Included in Galleries


created by: