Image use must be for education or personal purposes only.
The contributing institution must be credited.
DesBrisay Museum & Exhibition Centre

Arrowhead


Accession number: DB108.1
Category: Edged weapon
Date: before 1900
Materials: STONE
Measurements: 2.2 cm L x 1.7 cm W
Culture: MI'KMAQ
Subject: ABORIGINALS, MI'KMAQ
Narrative: IN MATHER BYLES DESBRISAY, HISTORY OF THE COUNTY OF LUNENBURG, 1870, DESBRISAY REFERS ON PAGE 347 TO FINDING REMAINS OF ARROWHEADS IN 1877 AT KOCH'S FALLS NEAR BRIDGEWATER.   SEE ACCESSION FILE FOR REFERENCE TO COLLECTION IN NEWPAPER ARTICLE, PRESBYTERIAN WITNESS, DECEMBER 1894. ARTICLE MENTIONS DESBRISAY COLLECTION HAS INDIAN STONE IMPLEMENTS OF WAR AND PEACE, ARROW HEADS, SPEAR-HEADS, AXES, GOUGES, ETC.  ALSO MENTIONS SAME COLLECTION IN NEWSPAPER CLIPPING, LIVERPOOL TIMES, JULY 8, 1881.
Description: ARROWHEAD. TRIANGULAR SHAPE. GRAY STONE.
History of Use: USED FOR HUNTING.