Accession number: 1979.37
Date: before 1979
Measurements: 21 cm L x 14 cm W x 0.5 cm H
Marks/Label: Title: "The History of Trinity Church. Digby. By Victor G. Cardoza."
Narrative: This is a pamphlet describing the history of Trinity Anglican Church in Digby, Nova Scotia. The origins of the Trinity Anglican Church in Digby lie with the United Empire Loyalists who arrived in Digby in the 1780s following the success of the American Revolution. The present church building dates to 1878 and replaced the original smaller church which had been financed in part by a grant from Admiral Digby, whose guidance led the Loyalists from the United States to Nova Scotia. The current church building owes much to shipbuilder M. L. Oliver, who oversaw the building’s construction, and the architect, Stephen Earle. Many Loyalists and their descendants are buried in the small graveyard that adjoins the church. Author: Victor G. Cardoza
Description: On the front cover there is a picture of a painting of the Trinity Anglican Church which was signed by S. Dexte. The title, "The History of Trinity Church. Digby." is written in block capslock letters at the top. At the bottom it also says "By Victor G. Cardoza" in regular font, upper and lower case letters. There are 37 pages in this booklet.
The inside front page has a picture of inside the church and the next page has a picture of a portrait of Victor Cardoza; The last 4 pages list some significant dates in the early history as well as who owned what pew.